The Content Specialist will work directly with FSM’s Creative team to implement and measure content marketing initiatives, with a focus on organic social media and email newsletters. Primary responsibilities for this role include supporting the team in content research and creation, content scheduling, analyzing metrics, and other duties that strengthen the success of our clients’ content marketing.
FSM’s ideal Content Specialist must have:
A creative AND analytical mindset: Not only are you a creative thinker who loves to find new ways to unleash your ideas into the world, you’re also analytical in nature and able to ground your creative ideas in research and analysis.
Great organization and adaptability: You have the ability to adapt to new platforms and processes while staying organized and efficient.
Passion about helping businesses and nonprofits grow: You realize that businesses and non profits are the backbones of any community, and you are passionate about doing what it takes to help them thrive!
Primary Responsibility – Supporting content marketing initiatives
- Create and schedule social posts and email newsletters, including writing content and building newsletters.
- Research industries and trends to craft content ideas to be applied across multiple content types and channels.
- Proofreading social media posts and email newsletters for accuracy (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Analyze performance metrics to provide recommendations and actionable items.
- Stay up-to-date with social media platform updates and provide recommendations for high-performing and engaging content.
- Update social and email newsletter planning calendars.
- Maintain high levels of current best practices and strategies in successfully managing social media and email platforms.
- Participate in client-facing meetings regarding content marketing initiatives.
- Build expertise in content marketing, working toward mastery.
Measure: On-brand, high-performing content.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and tell engaging stories on social media.
- Experience working with multiple clients is preferred.
- Ability to present research, measurables, and other content deliverables to internal and external teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to think creatively and apply industry trends to ongoing projects.
- Ability to use analytical thinking to assess content performance and reach goals.
- Client-first, service mentality.
- Familiarity with social post scheduling platforms (Sprout), email build platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, BeePro), analytics tools, and graphic design platforms (inDesign, Canva) is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in content or social marketing preferred.