Responsibilities for this implementation-level position with activities related to the ongoing success of FSM’s client partners’ digital marketing campaigns. More specifically, this role is responsible for implementing digital marketing strategies, with a focus on search engine marketing, especially driving organic traffic and developing content for search. Embracing FSM’s core values, the perfect Digital Marketing Specialist candidate for FSM understands search marketing, research, and creating content.
FSM’s ideal Digital Marketing Specialist must have:
- A interest in people AND search marketing: Sure, anyone can look stuff up on Google – but you are driven by a desire to know why someone is searching that idea with those keywords?
- You have to know why: It’s more than what happened – you need to know why.
- Passion about helping businesses and nonprofits grow: You realize that businesses and nonprofits are the backbones of any community, and you are passionate about doing what it takes to help them thrive!
Primary Responsibility – Task and Project Management
- Research, develop, execute, and measure paid and organic campaigns on Google, Bing, and Social (YouTube, GMB, Facebook, etc.).
- Continually optimize websites and paid campaigns through A/B testing, content management, metadata, keyword research, and testing/analysis.
- Implement, optimize, and ensure proper tracking lead attribution, for all digital campaigns.
- Collaborate on research, campaign creation, optimization efforts, and client-facing meetings / deliverables.
- Monitor and report performance of content and campaigns, along with providing recommendations for improvements.
- Translate strategic analysis and recommendations into actionable items.
- Identify the need for technical or content-based SEO tasks that are needed for a specific client / website.
- Maintain high levels of current best practices and strategies in successfully managing SEO, PPC, and social platforms.
- Management of substantial ppc budgets to ensure proper and effective ad spend.
- Participate and present in client-facing meetings during planning and development.
- Build expertise in search engine marketing, working toward mastery.
Measure: Accuracy and speed of work.
- Optimization experience of search and other digital marketing channels.
- Google Analytics and AdWords certification is required.
- Google Tag Manager capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing communications experience is preferred.
- Ability to present data, ideas, strategy and research to internal and external teams.
- Success executing complex, large scale campaigns for both paid and organic mediums
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Analytical mindset, possessing the ability to evaluate data, interpret results, and turn results into successful ideas.
- Client-first, service mentality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, English, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in search or digital marketing.