Responsibilities for this position include the ongoing success of FSM’s client partners’ digital marketing campaigns. This role is responsible for assisting the implementation of digital marketing strategies, with a focus on search engine marketing through paid and organic mediums. Embracing FSM’s core values, the perfect Digital Marketing Specialist candidate for FSM understands search marketing, research, reporting, and the real business impact of what they do.
FSM’s ideal Digital Marketing Specialist must have:
- An interest in people AND search marketing: Sure, anyone can look stuff up on Google – you have to know why someone is searching that idea with those keywords.
- You want to know why: It’s more than what happened – you need to know why.
- Passion about helping businesses and nonprofits grow: You realize that businesses and nonprofits are the backbones of any community, and you are passionate about doing what it takes to help them thrive!
Primary Responsibility – Task and Project Management
- Effectively implement / execute tasks that support the success of a digital marketing campaign.
- Research, execute and report on paid campaigns on Google, Bing, and Social (YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Continually optimize digital campaigns through A/B testing, content management, metadata, keyword research, and testing/analysis.
- Evaluate and understand lead attribution & data tracking for all digital campaigns.
- Collaborate on research, ad copywriting, optimization efforts, and client-facing meetings/deliverables.
- Monitor and report the performance of campaigns and promotional efforts, along with providing recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate data and recommend improvements or changes per KPI reporting.
- Maintain awareness of client business goals and how they are impacted by digital work.
- Audit and identify the need for technical or content-based SEO tasks that are needed for a specific client/website.
- Maintain high levels of current best practices in successfully managing PPC, SEO, LBL, and social platforms.
- Review and analyze websites for content and keyword ranking needs.
- Review and implement technical optimizations to help websites reach SEO business goals.
- Ability to prepare and present client-facing documents and tasks.
- Build expertise in search engine marketing, working toward mastery.
Measure: Accuracy, impact, and speed of work.
- Optimization experience of search (Paid & Organic) and other digital marketing channels.
- Google Ads certification is preferred.
- Google Analytics certification is preferred.
- Google Tag Manager capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing communications experience is required.
- Ability to present data, ideas, and research to internal teams.
- Success executing complex, large-scale campaigns.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Analytical mindset, possessing the ability to evaluate data, interpret results, and turn results into successful ideas.
- Client-first, service mentality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, English, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in search or digital marketing.
Be An FSMer!!!
FSM specializes in developing purposeful websites, plus the essential services that drive an audience to a website – from search marketing and social media to content marketing and traditional media. In short, we help you find your story, and then tell your story.
Located in downtown Akron, FSM’s goal is to be the most valuable marketing communications partnership our clients will ever have, bolstered by our mission of doing great work for our clients at home and around the United States so we can be charitable in the awesome communities of Northeast Ohio.