Responsibilities for this position with activities related to the ongoing success of FSM’s client partners’ digital marketing campaigns. More specifically, this role is responsible for assisting the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies, with a focus on paid and organic search engine marketing. Embracing FSM’s core values, the ideal Digital Marketing Strategist candidate for FSM understands digital strategy, search marketing, research, and creating content.
FSM’s ideal Digital Marketing Strategist must have:
- An interest in people AND search marketing: All web users perform searches for solutions/content – you are driven by a desire to know what audience is searching and how to engage them further.
- You have to know why: It’s more than what happened – you need to know why.
- Passion about helping businesses and nonprofits grow: You realize that businesses and nonprofits are the backbones of any community, and you are passionate about doing what it takes to help them thrive!
Primary Responsibility – Task and Project Management
- Be responsible for research, strategy creation, optimization efforts, and client-facing meetings/deliverables.
- Monitor and report the performance of campaigns and promotional efforts, along with providing recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate data and recommend improvements or changes based on strategy performance.
- Translate strategic analysis and recommendations into actionable items.
- Research, develop, execute, and measure campaigns on Google, Bing, and Paid Social (YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) platforms to inform and create measurably effective marketing strategies.
- Continually review and optimize paid campaigns through A/B testing, content management, metadata, keyword research, testing/analysis, and other advanced strategies to ensure alignment with strategy goals.
- Implement, optimize, and ensure proper tracking lead attribution, for all digital campaigns.
- Identify the need for technical or content-based SEO tasks that are needed for a specific client/website.
- Maintain high levels of current best practices and strategies in successfully managing PPC and paid social platforms.
- Management of substantial PPC and Display budgets to ensure proper and effective ad spend.
- Participate and present in client-facing meetings during planning and development.
- Build expertise in search engine marketing, working toward mastery.
Measure: Effectiveness of strategies, client KPI growth.
- Analytical mindset, possessing the ability to evaluate data, interpret results, and turn results into successful ideas.
- Success executing complex, large-scale strategies for digital mediums.
- Optimization experience of search and other digital marketing channels.
- Google Ads certification is required.
- Google Analytics certification is preferred.
- Google Tag Manager capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing communications experience is preferred.
- Ability to present data, ideas, strategy, and research to internal and external teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Client-first, service mentality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, English, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in digital marketing.
Be An FSMer!!!
FSM specializes in developing purposeful websites, plus the essential services that drive an audience to a website – from search marketing and social media to content marketing and traditional media. In short, we help you find your story, and then tell your story.
Located in downtown Akron, FSM’s goal is to be the most valuable marketing communications partnership our clients will ever have, bolstered by our mission of doing great work for our clients at home and around the United States so we can be charitable in the awesome communities of Northeast Ohio.