Open Position - Web Developer
At Full Spectrum Marketing (FSM), the Web Developer is a detail-oriented, user-experience focused storyteller and marketer with a professional emphasis on front end website development. Additionally, the position supports website functionality and optimization of site speed & performance. Other duties include supporting the various technology and digital marketing efforts from the FSM team on behalf of our clients, always approaching the work in a way that reinforces FSM’s position as the #1 agency for service. The position reports to the Vice President. Please submit your resume and any relevant samples of your work to [email protected]
FSM’s ideal Web Developer must have:
- Problem Solver.
Puzzles are fun, and so is finding that one pesky line of code that isn’t doing what it’s supposed to do and fixing it! No problem is too intimidating for you!
- Multi-Tasking with Details Is Fun!
One bad line of code can spoil an entire project, so you love working in the details – even a bunch of requests at a time – to make sure every aspect of the project is perfect!
- Passion About Your Craft.
You don’t just like web development and user experience design, you live and breath it. It matters to you because it matters to your clients!
- Embrace top-notch service as the #1 core value for FSM.
- Create websites and experiences using front end web languages – HTML, CSS, JS.
- Design website layouts and optimize user-experience using best-practice techniques.
- Primary web development resource for one of FSM’s clients.
- Populate website content and ensure a quality user flow.
- Conduct quality assurance and browser testing.
- Provide technical support and ongoing website maintenance for hosting clients.
Meet all project timelines, limit rework.
- Proficiency with front-end development languages and techniques; CSS, HTML, JavaScrip
- Familiarity and understanding of back-end web development, Ie. PHP, MySQL
- Familiarity developing for and working with WordPress
- Knowledge of leading-edge user experience design and technology trends
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated task management skills with technology projects
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability
- Proven experience in managing multiple client projects while still hitting project milestones
- Knowledge and experience in social media, search marketing, and other digital platforms and tools is a plus
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly-changing environment
- High-energy team spirit with a dedication to team success and commitment to excellence
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media/interactive design, computer science or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in website development & design, professional office experience strongly considered.