At Full Spectrum Marketing (FSM), the Web Designer is a web-first design thinker with a portfolio showcasing strong design work with an emphasis on the user experience and bringing companies to life online with compelling content. Other duties include graphics, infographics, and other design projects in addition to creating homepage and internal page website designs. The idea candidate always approaches the work in a way that reinforces FSM’s position as the #1 agency for service. The position reports to the Vice President and Lead Web Developer. Please submit your resume and any relevant samples of your work to [email protected].
FSM’s ideal Web Designer must have:
- Designed For Online. Basic design principles and color-theory drive your web-first visual storytelling!
- Speaking of Storytelling… You love bringing to life the big stories of a company on the homepage, and the detailed stories on the interior pages, complete with graphics and elements that showcases a company or organization perfectly.
- Passion About Your Craft. You don’t just like the design work and user experience design, you live and breath it. It matters to you because it matters to your clients!
Website Designer Responsibilities
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with client branding.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, sitemaps and wireframes.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas for client partners.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development team.
- Design page layouts and templates.
- Produce design assets for use in social media and marketing channels.
- Collaborate with UX, marketing, development, and other teams.
- Work with front-end web developers to deploy designs.
- Select and prepare imagery.
- Create and maintain a database of design assets.
- Proactively seek out and recommend new concepts to improve content and performance.
Measure: Meet all project timelines, limit rework.
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals.
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography.
- Awareness of UI/UX principles.
- Familiarity with digital photo editing.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats.
- Knowledge of leading-edge user experience design and technology trends.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital media/interactive design, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in website development & design, professional office experience strongly considered.