At Full Spectrum Marketing (FSM), the Web Developer is a detail-oriented, user-experience focused storyteller and marketer with a professional emphasis on website development processes, languages, and best-practices. The Web Developer cares deeply about using code to allow businesses and organizations to get more from their website through new functionality, better user-experiences, or creative and effective means to communicate the organization’s stories and ideas. Other duties include supporting the various technology and digital marketing efforts from the FSM team on behalf of our clients, always approaching the work in a way that reinforces FSM’s position as the #1 agency for service. The position reports to the Vice President. Please submit your resume and any relevant samples of your work to [email protected].
FSM’s ideal Web Developer believes:
- Problems Are Solvable. Puzzles are fun, and so is finding that one pesky line of code that isn’t doing what it’s supposed to do and fixing it! No problem is too intimidating for you!
- Multi-Tasking with Details Is Fun! One bad line of code can spoil an entire project, so you love working in the details – even a bunch of requests at a time – to make sure every aspect of the project is perfect!
- Passion Is Essential. You don’t just like web development and user experience design, you live and breath it. It matters to you because it matters to your clients!
Website Developer Responsibilities
- Embrace top-notch service through partnership as the #1 core value for FSM.
- Create websites and experiences using front end and back end web languages – HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL.
- Create website layouts and optimize user-experience using best-practice techniques.
- Conduct quality assurance and browser testing.
- Provide technical support and ongoing website maintenance for hosting clients.
Measure: Meet all project timelines, limit rework.
- Familiarity developing for and working with WordPress.
- Knowledge of leading-edge user experience design and technology trends.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated task management skills with technology projects.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects while still hitting project milestones.
- Knowledge and experience in social media, search marketing, and other digital platforms and tools is a plus.
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly-changing environment.
- High-energy team spirit with a dedication to team success and commitment to excellence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media/interactive design, computer science or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in website development & design, professional office experience strongly considered.